• Understand the Alzheimer’s Disease process and characteristics of the 3 stages
• Identify possible prevention and treatment approaches
• List important elements of an effective communication and personalized care plan to provide support and encouragement
• Describe at least one Validation technique
Professional Credit Hours*:
• Nurses: This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001- 91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The course is approved for 1.0 contact hour.
• Social Workers: Approved by the National Association of Social Workers for 1.0 Social Work continuing education contact hour.
• Case Managers: Approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification for 1.0 CE contact hour for CCM-board certified case managers.
*Continuing education credit for social workers applies in all states except New Jersey, New York, Michigan, and North Carolina.