• Gain a better understanding of behavioral expressions as a form of communicating needs
• Improve the ability to connect with patients and resolve needs while minimizing behavioral challenges
• Apply Validation Method™ communication strategies to calm and empathize with patients living with dementia
• Understand alternative approaches to patient care that may help decrease the use of antipsychotic medications
Professional Credit Hours:
• Nurses: This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Ohio Nurses Association (OBN-001- 91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation. The course is approved for 1.0 contact hour.
• Social Workers: Approved by the National Association of Social Workers for 1.0 Social Work continuing education contact hour.
• Case Managers: Approved by The Commission for Case Manager Certification for 1.0 CE contact hour for CCM-board certified case managers.
*Continuing education credit for social workers applies in all states except New Jersey, New York, Michigan, and North Carolina.